IASTA are delighted to announce details of our Senior Ag Science Table Quiz 2017. The event takes place on Thursday March 23rd in the Abbeyleix Manor Hotel, Portlaoise. Teams are asked to be seated by 6:15pm for a 6:30pm starts.
Rules for the Competition:
- Each team will consist of four members from Senior Cycle Agricultural Science.
- Entry fee of €20 per team will be collected on the night of the quiz (if by cheque payable to IASTA) – a second team maybe entered and allowed subject to the number of schools entering (lottery).
- Teams must be accompanied by a current member of IASTA. IASTA membership fee of €15 can be paid online by visiting here.
- Quiz will follow the standard table quiz format, with questions drawn from Leaving Certificate course in A. Agricultural Science, B. Irish Farmers Journal March editions (11th & 18th ) and C. General agricultural knowledge.
- The Quiz will consist of 8 rounds of 8 questions.
- In the event of a tie, sudden death tie-breaks will be used.
- The Adjudicators’ decisions will be final.
- No calculators, mobile phones or other electronic devices will be permitted.
- Students who study through the medium of Irish are permitted to bring an Irish- English dictionary.
- For any queries contact Patrick Curtin at Pat.Curtin@buttevantcolaiste.ie
Looking forward to seeing you all there.